Are you ready to plan your next big adventure? Great news! Beginning in May 2022, families will be able to explore some of the amazing Northeastern parts of our country with Adventures by Disney’s newest New England guided vacation. This incredible journey will completely immerse your family in the beauty of New England, New Hampshire, and Maine.
With bike rides through Burlington, carriage tours through Acadia National Park, lobster feasts in Bar Harbor, and tours of covered bridges in Vermont, this adventure will help you experience life as a New Englander and get a glimpse of all that makes this part of the U.S. so captivating.
Highlights of the eight-day, seven-night New England adventure include:
- A morning of exploration at the Shelburne Museum, where you’ll work with a 19th-century printing press, visit the Locomotive 220 — which pulled trains carrying U.S. presidents Calvin Coolidge, Herbert Hoover, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and Dwight D. Eisenhower — and ride a vintage carousel. And for art fans, Shelburne Museum is also renowned for its famed Folk Art collection.
- A stay at the historical Trapp Family Lodge, the former home of Maria and Baron von Trapp. There, you’ll learn the story of how the famous von Trapp family left their home in the hills of Austria and settled in the picturesque hills of Vermont. And you might just be inspired to sing a few do-re-mi’s while taking in the beautiful view of the rolling hills.
- An afternoon cruise along Lake Champlain on Vermont’s largest cruise ship and floating restaurant. There, you’ll enjoy lunch and a narrated adventure aboard the Spirit of Ethan Allen.
- Active adventures in the skies, as you take part in zip-tour, tree-top, and sky bridge experiences in Stowe.
- A leisurely bike ride, with stops at Oakledge Park, the Burlington Earth Clock, and North Beach. You’ll also experience Burlington’s vibrant downtown area.
- Coastal explorations of Bar Harbor with a sailing aboard a two-mast schooner and a kayaking tour along the scenic shoreline.
- Journeys through Acadia National Park with horse-drawn carriage rides along the park’s historic roads and a coach tour of the spectacular vistas of Sand Beach, Otter Point, Jordan Pond, Thunder Hole, and Cadillac Mountain.
- A sampling of authentic New England cuisine, including a lobster and clam bake dinner with views overlooking the waterfront in Bar Harbor, a serving of traditional popovers and tea at Jordan Pond House in Acadia National Park, and fresh farm-to-table dining at Clemmons Family Farm in Vermont.
The Disney Difference
Traveling on a guided group vacation with Adventures by Disney provides culturally immersive, once-in-a-lifetime experiences that prove all vacations are not created equal. Here are some things you will love about Adventures by Disney vacations.
- Adventure Guides – 2 Adventure Guides attend to your trip’s every detail so you can become part of the story.
- Family Fun – Each trip offers unique itinerary items—from sophisticated adult experiences to kid-tailored activities—guaranteed to create unforgettable memories.
- Authenticity – Thanks to our Adventure Guides and local experts, you’ll engage with people, cultures and traditions in ways that show you more than just the sights.
- Insider Access – These guided group tours provide access to extraordinary opportunities that aren’t available to the general public—it’s your “backstage pass” to the world.
Interested in finding out more about this exciting New England vacation or other Adventures by Disney destinations, reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos: Adventures by Disney