Walt Disney World is the ultimate destination to spend any special occasion, whether a birthday, honeymoon, anniversary, family reunion, graduation, job promotion, adoption, remission, new baby, or even your new pet rock. The young and young at heart alike will marvel at the extra touches available to create a fabulously memorable and celebratory trip.
These tips are perfect for when your celebration date falls during your Walt Disney World vacation; however, Disney knows you may be celebrating before or after the actual date too. So choose a dinner, a day, or the entire trip as a focus for your celebration!
It all starts before you even arrive at the Walt Disney World Resorts and Parks…
Before You Arrive
The celebration begins while planning your Walt Disney World vacation. Be sure to let me know what you are celebrating, and I will make a note on your resort and dining reservations.
When You Arrive at Disney
GET A BUTTON
When you arrive at Walt Disney World Resorts and Parks, be sure to ask for a celebration button – they are FREE! A Cast Member will add your name, and you will be able to wear the button for your whole vacation. Cast Members and other Disney Guests will enjoy wishing you well throughout your trip. You can pick up a celebration button at your resort front desk or any guest services location in the parks or Disney Springs.
During Your Vacation
Enjoy wearing your Celebration Button every day – you will be amazed at all of the good wishes from Cast Members and Guests – you meet along the way. And sometimes you will receive a little extra pixie dust from Cast Members at rides, attractions, and dining locations.
Magical possibilities (a.k.a. things that might happen when you are wearing your celebration button):
In the Parks
- A Cast Member may pull you aside for a special birthday phone call from a character.
- Your little one may receive some extra Mickey Mouse stickers
- Special birthday message in your autograph book
- Special birthday greeting in your Passport Book (at EPCOT)
At a Table Service Restaurants
- Card signed by Characters/Princesses, be sure to plan a special celebration dinner at a Character Meal restaurant.
- Birthday Cupcake/Dessert treat
At your resort
- Call the operator and ask for a special character birthday greeting
- Unique “towelgami” creation (especially if your celebration button was accidentally left behind on the bed, *wink, wink*)
Add to the magic…
Most of the ideas above are FREE! Because they are free, they are also random and not guaranteed.
If you want to add to the magic of celebrating at Disney, check out these popular options:
It wouldn’t be a specialty celebration without a cake! The kinds of cakes you can order at Walt Disney World are as varied as what people are celebrating. From Mickey Mouse Celebration Cakes to custom cakes, Disney bakers have just the right touch for your dining celebration. Whether you order a cake on a whim or plan your order ahead of time, Disney has you covered.
- Mickey Mouse Celebration Cake – you can have small chocolate or white chocolate Mickey ear-shaped cake delivered to participating dining locations. It feeds 4-6 people. It can be engraved with the words Happy Birthday or Congratulations. A limited number of cakes are available ‘day of’ at participating restaurants.
- Amorette’s Patisserie in the Disney Springs Area – Pre-order and pick up an exquisite, handmade cake to enjoy in your Resort room or at home. From sophisticated creations to Disney character-inspired designs, there are options to please every palate at Amorette’s Patisserie.
- Custom Cake – if you want something even more special, you can have a Disney baker create a custom cake and deliver it to a restaurant or resort. You can order your cake by calling Cake-Ordering Hotline at 407-827-2253
Disney has a wonderful department dedicated to adding a little magic to your Disney resort room. They can do anything from delivering flowers or cake to your room to festively decorating it from top to bottom. In addition, they have welcome gifts, birthday celebrations, romance packages, and everything in between.
- Gift Baskets
- In-Room Celebrations
HIRE A PHOTOGRAPHER
With a theme park as a backdrop and the Disney PhotoPass professional photographers snapping the shots, it’s a picture-perfect way to remember your special occasion.
- Capture Your Moment – Reserve a personalized 20-minute photo session that captures the fun and excitement of your special day.
- Available at the Magic Kingdom or Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Ready to start planning your celebration trip? Contact me today at email@example.com.