Disney Springs is reopening! This week will begin the phased reopening of the first area of the Walt Disney World Resort. On Wednesday, May 20, much to the delight of many Disney fans, we will see the reopening of a number of shops and dining locations at Disney Springs. Although there has not been any announcement on the opening dates for Disney resorts or theme parks, the opening of Disney Springs is definitely a hopeful sign.
Some of the restaurants we are hearing will open on May 20 are:
- Planet Hollywood
- Earl of Sandwich
- Chicken Guy
- Wine Bar George
- The Boathouse
- Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill
- Blaze Pizza
- Frontera Cocina
Restaurants opening on Friday of this week are:
- Vivoli il Gelato
- Morimoto Asia
- Morimoto Asia Street Food
- Pizza Ponte
Shops slated to open on May 20 are:
- American Threads
- Crystal Arts by the Arribas Bros.
- Pele Soccer
- Pop Gallery
- Ron Jon Surf Shop
On May 27 Disney-owned shops will reopen three locations. These businesses include the ever-popular World of Disney Store and Marketplace Co-op for shopping. D-Luxe Burger will open for mobile orders.
As can be expected, a number of safety precautions and procedures will be in place for the reopening of Disney Springs. Here are the plans in place:
- Parking and Entrances: During this initial phase, Guests will be directed to self-park in the Orange and Lime Garages. All surface lots will be closed. There will also be a reduced number of entrances for Disney Springs to four locations: Orange and Lime Garages, along with the Hotel Plaza Boulevard pedestrian bridge and rideshare location.
- Appropriate Face Coverings: All Guests 3 years of age and older, along with Cast Members and third-party operating-participant employees, will be required to wear an appropriate face covering while visiting Disney Springs.
- Temperature Screenings: Once you arrive at Disney Springs, you and your party will be required to undergo temperature screenings. Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will be directed to an additional location for rescreening and assistance; those who again measure 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed entry, nor will those in their party.
- Physical Distancing and Capacity Measures: To maintain appropriate physical distancing throughout Disney Springs during this initial phase, there will be a limit to the number of Guests visiting the property, as well as within each location. In addition, ground markings will help promote proper distancing when queuing is necessary. Physical barriers have been added in select places where it’s difficult to maintain physical distancing.
- Cleanliness: Disney Springs Cast Members have increased cleaning and disinfection procedures in high-traffic areas such as elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more. They will also have hand-washing stations and hand sanitizer available and encourage you to use these frequently.
- Cashless Transactions: It is recommended that you use cashless payment options whenever possible during your visit to Disney Springs, including debit cards, credit cards, Disney gift cards, etc. You can also opt for contactless payment options or use cash to purchase a Disney gift card at the Welcome Center and select merchandise locations.
With the reopening of Disney Springs, it feels like there just might be a little light at the end of this long tunnel we all have been traveling through these last few months. Hopefully, soon we will begin to hear plans for the reopening of the Disney parks and resorts.
Visit DisneySprings.com/reopening for the most up-to-date information on available shopping and dining locations, operating hours, new safety procedures, and more.