Walt Disney World recently shared the exciting news that the Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is returning this fall during Disney’s 50th Anniversary celebration! Not only is the event returning to Magic Kingdom but all the fun activities we love about these events are coming back too. Parties will be held on 37 nights this year starting on August 12 and running through October 31.
In addition to enjoying lower crowd level on party nights at Magic Kingdom, there are a number of exclusive entertainment activities that take place throughout the evening. Of everything that is returning, the most exciting is “Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade! (Pro Tip: This parade will start back in Frontierland near Splash Mountain. The parade will continue through Frontierland and turn in Liberty Square, go in front of the Castle and then down Main Street. The best place to watch the parade is back in Frontierland where the crowd level will be much less!).
Here’s some of the great entertainment you can expect:
- The Headless Horseman will ride his ghostly steed down Main Street, U.S.A as a prelude to “Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade,” which features floats filled with Disney Characters dressed in their Halloween best, Disney villains and the Haunted Mansion graveyard diggers.
- During Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, both little and big guests can go trick-or-treating for M&M’S, SKITTLES, SNICKERS, and other Halloween favorites at locations throughout Magic Kingdom. And new this year, guests will also receive a reusable trick-or-treat bag featuring a keepsake 50th Anniversary celebration and Halloween design.
- Join the Sanderson Sisters during the “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular” stage show at Cinderella Castle as they call upon their frightening colleagues to conjure the ultimate Hocus Pocus Party Potion.
- Celebrate the season alongside favorite Disney characters as they take over the park for their favorite party of the year.
- Overlays themed for the occasion will return to several popular Magic Kingdom attractions: Space Mountain, Mad Tea Party, Pirates of the Caribbean and Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor.
- The Pumpkin King himself, Jack Skellington, will host “Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular.” This can’t-miss nighttime extravaganza features projections, special effects and lighting mixed with fireworks, music and Disney characters.
- Discover sweet and savory menu items inspired by fall flavors and the Halloween season.
- NEW! In honor of the 50th Anniversary celebration, we’re adding even more fun to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party this year in the form of event-exclusive step-in photo opportunities. And in addition to the reusable trick-or-treating tote bag, guests will also receive a Halloween-themed 50th Anniversary celebration commemorative print.
Dates and Times
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Parties will take place on the following dates:
- August: 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 30
- September: 2, 5, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 27, 29, 30
- October: 2, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30, 31
Party hours are from 7:00 pm until midnight. Guests with party tickets have traditionally been allowed into the park as early as 4:00 pm.
You do not need a park ticket or park reservation to attend Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party but you do need an event ticket. Ticket prices do range from $109 – $199 plus tax. The closer to Halloween the party date, the higher the price.
Tickets will go on sale first to guests that have an existing resort reservation on May 12. All others may purchase tickets beginning May 18. Tickets can be purchased through your favorite travel agent (that’s me!).
It’s Not Too Late
It’s not too late to take advantage of the early ticket purchase window. Contact me today at email@example.com to plan your fall trip!