As many families are planning a long-awaited vacation to Walt Disney World, many clients are wondering about the benefits of Memory Maker. Walt Disney World’s Memory Maker is a great way to visually capture many exciting and unforgettable times that you experience during your Walt Disney World vacation. PhotoPass photos that are captured by Disney Cast members around the parks can easily be added to your Disney account, either by tapping your MagicBand, photo card, or your mobile device with Disney MagicMobile Pass. Let’s take a closer look at the benefits of including Memory Maker on your next Walt Disney World vacation.
What is Memory Maker?
First, let’s talk a little about the details of Memory Maker. In a nutshell Memory Maker includes unlimited downloads of all the digital photos captured of your family by Disney Cast Members called PhotoPass Photographers. Also included in Memory Maker are photos and videos that are taken on select attractions (love these action photos!). And, my absolute favorite photos that are included in Memory maker are Magic Shots. Magic Shots are specialty photos that feature Disney characters added to your photo after the photo is taken. For example, grab a cute photo of your little one standing on Main Street in Magic Kingdom with their hands cupped out in front, and later when you look at the photo Tinker Bell has “magically appeared” in the photo.
Cost of Memory Maker
There are a couple of options for purchasing Memory Maker. The full package that includes unlimited downloads of all photos and videos captured throughout your vacation is $169 if purchased more than three days prior to your trip. If you purchase it after this timeframe or once you get home from your Disney vacation the price increases to $199. Memory Maker can easily be added to your vacation package at the time of booking to avoid that extra charge. Another option is Memory Maker One Day. For $69 this package includes all your photos and videos from one day of your choosing.
Benefits for Memory Maker
There are many things I love about Memory Maker, but there are three top benefits that stand out.
- Great Quality Photos – Photos taken by PhotoPass Photographers are top-notch. Though almost anyone can take good photos these days using our Smartphones, Memory Maker photos go a step beyond. These photos often have great backdrops and settings for your family photo in addition to being high-quality photos.
- Capture Memories – More importantly than capturing great photos, Memory Maker captures some great memories. While many of the souvenirs we may haul back to our house might end up in the junk pile, these photos are something everyone in the family will enjoy for years to come.
- Everyone is in the Photo – No more missing Mom or Dad in the photos because they have been designated as the family photographer. Everyone is included in these family vacation photos.
Tips for Using Memory Maker
- Any time you see a Cast Member in a Photo Pass outfit, the photos they are taking are included in Memory Maker.
- Be sure to ask the Cast Member for “Magic Shots.” These are fun photos that may just include a little extra Disney “magic” to the photo. Photographers holding their cameras instead of using tripods are the ones that can typically take the Magic Shots.
Photos taken a the Disney PhotoPass Studio located in Disney Springs’ Marketplace are included in your Memory Maker. Jump at this chance to capture the perfect family portrait in a professional indoor setting. You’ll have a choice of backdrops and can even jazz up your shoot with fun props. No reservations are needed or accepted, simply just stop by.
Check out the fun attractions photos captured of your family at these locations:
- Magic Kingdom: Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Buzz Lightyear, and Splash Mountain
- Epcot: Frozen Ever After and Test Track
- Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest and Dinosaur
- Hollywood Studios: The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, The Slinky Dog Dash, and The Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
- Your photos will appear on your My Disney Experience account. The first photo you view will have a watermark. Just activate your Memory Maker and the watermark will be removed. You will have 30 days from the time of activating your Memory Maker to download the photos and photos expire 45 days after the date they were taken. You may purchase a USB flash drive with all your photos by visiting the https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/photopass/.
Thinking about a Walt Disney World vacation, be sure to reach out to Castle and Cruise Adventures for more great tips and help with planning a magical family vacation. Click here to get started: Request A Quote.